Friday, May 10, 2013

Real Beauty

Is beauty really only skin-deep? Take away the hair products, the makeup, and the body shapers and we just might know! The old-timers (I think I now qualify to be one) used to say, “beauty is as beauty does.” Funny thing, I haven’t found a bottle of that beauty-does yet!

Have you ever really pondered how amazing it is that God chose you? Many a spouse may have second-guessed the choice of marriage partner on that next morning – night-breath, no frou-frou hair – just raw “beauty.” Oh my or oh me? I have pondered how incredible it is that God would pick me as His elect – that is, knowing me like He does – flaws ‘n all! When I was a teenager, every year we visited an orphan’s home; while there, we played games and ate lunch with the children. Leaving was hard and usually tearful! The Father, in the riches of His grace, has given all who receive Him and believe in His name, the right to become “children of God.” (John 1:12). We are not spiritual orphans; through Christ Jesus we have full inheritance in His kingdom. Spurgeon writes, “Upon His breastplate He is now bearing our names; and in His authoritative pleadings at the throne He remembers our persons and pleads our cause.” Take note of the beauty of Almighty God – beauty that is perfect and complete … through-and-through. Ephesians 1:3 describes Him, “Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings.” One of those spiritual blessings is the grace and power to live in and display His Beauty to a lost and dying world. Oh, the joy of such Beauty that is not skin-deep but genuine to the pure soul of the redeemed! That, my friend, is real beauty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home