Friday, August 30, 2013

No Other Song

Music has always been an interest of mine, and I appreciate my parents nurturing it in me at an early age. Oh my, how music has changed through the years. I know different tastes in music spawned many varying styles, however, "music" and "racket" have been redefined over the years.

What kind of music does God like? That's an interesting thought and certainly open to speculation. Isaiah 12:2 says that God is "my strength and my song." How just like our God to be the beat, the lyrics, the rhythm, the cadence -- everything a song needs to be ... a song. We live in a day when we have lyrics, music files and artist profiles at our fingertips. What is available today is no comparison to the lyrics, sounds and character of God's Song. His song is not just for fleeting entertainment; It saves us, forgives us, equips us, inspires us, strengthens us, and protects us. What other Song can boast such wonders? No other song!

Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness.
Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song! -- Lyrics by Fanny Crosby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home