Friday, August 23, 2013

Sweet Action

The words “I love you” pack a punch! It’s one of the first things we “love” to hear from our babies. Ellala (aka Ella, my GRANDdaughter) can speak and sign the words; Mr. Bill and my grown-up boys say “I love you” regularly! Oh, melt my heart!

Love is a fountain! What a sad, and somewhat odd, sight is a fountain that is shut-off – no water, dry! It’s just not … natural. Ella recently enjoyed a play-day at a “splash pad” made of small aptly placed fountains. Imagine the absence of water: no splashing, no playing, no fun! What springs forth in a Christian’s life that “loves with all” the heart, soul, strength, and mind? After Jesus commanded us to “love the LORD your God with all …” (Luke 10:27), he told the story of the good Samaritan [who “loved his neighbor” as himself] then concluded with “go and do likewise” (Luke 10:37). Amazingly, I didn’t have to teach my boys the words “I love me”; no, we are born to distinctly love our own skin! The challenge is to obey Jesus’ command to “… and love your neighbor as yourself.” (V.27b). There’s proper order in which we are to love, and it’s not love others then God. No! We love others best when we love God most -- supremely! God’s love is the fountain that springs forth in-through the heart, soul, strength, and mind. It’s how we love with all! Repeatedly when they were young, I told my boys “words are cheap” and so they are, but our actions are priceless and sweetest when they pour forth by way of and reason of God’s love! I challenge you to some “sweet action” this weekend – be a fountain of God’s abundant love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home