Monday, September 9, 2013

A Certain Hope

Oh well, I never had a hope chest -- that savings of stuff for life with "Mr. Right." Well, I'm certain I landed Mr. Right [without a hope chest], and I'm also certain my hope chest would not have included camouflage, fishing lures, duck calls, or shotgun shells.

The longer I live and the more I experience, the more reality smacks me in the face. Reality usually shows itself when you least expect it. Remember the television show "To Tell The Truth," and its imposters. The question at the end of the show was always the same: "Would the real xxx, please stand up." That's how hope is: we misplace our hope in stuff, relationships, jobs, money, etc. Before long we find they are nothing more than imposters and thieves, stealing our faith, our dreams, our hopes. There is truly only one place where hope is secure and certain -- in God our Father and His Son Jesus Christ. Psalm 71:5 says, "For Thou art my hope, O Lord God ... " There’s no disappointments and no regrets when our hope is that certain. It's certainly a ... certain Hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home