Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Yes, Lord

Hearing Ella say, "No ma'am" is so sweet. It's not just that at 2 years old she's learning manners, but she's developing likes and dislikes. "Ella, do you need some help?" -- "No ma'am." "Do you want to go inside?" -- "No ma'am." "Let me wash your hands." -- "No ma'am." Of course, we still have some work to do.

Do you ever have a conversation with yourself? My most recent conversation with Beverly didn't end well; the battle between my spirit and His Spirit resulted in my shame rather than His glory! Sadly, this is the way Satan works in cahoots with our flesh. One website offers a "Self Mastery Program" to personal power, leading to a "pathway to happiness." Oh, how easily [even] Christians are duped into such foolish strategies! Don’t we know that since the Garden we’ve been trying to master our sin nature! Jesus was very clear that apart from Him, we're helplessly doomed! He said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5). Our sweet Ella is doing great learning "yes" and "no," and with manners! How about a readily-easily-obediently said "Yes" to the Lord and Master of our lives!

I'm trading my sorrows -- I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
We say yes Lord yes lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen -- Lyrics by Matt Redman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home