Monday, October 14, 2013

The Program

Oh, the joy of growing old! Tell me now, do random remembrances come to mind at crazy times -- in the middle of the night, in the shower, while driving? Surely, it’s part of aging but rather than trying to figure out where it came from I’m just thankful I finally remembered what I had tried so hard to remember on my own!

Ever heard of the Human Brain Project? Well, it exists and its goal is to create a super computer that “emulates” the human brain’s “computational capabilities.” Now, I know a few human brains that should never be cloned, duplicated, nor licensed to think! In Scripture, the thought-process, man’s intellect, is associated with the heart of man. Such association led to some terribly destructive behavior: “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” (Genesis 6:5). This is the first use of the word “heart” in the Bible, and it’s not referring to the physical organ that pumps and circulates blood through the body. It’s pretty scary [to me] that God is watching how I think, whether my thoughts are pure or impure. Proverbs 23:7 says, “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he …” We may be able to keep hidden what we really think but our heart-thoughts are not hidden from Almighty God. Who knows, perhaps we’ll have that super computer someday but [ultimately] its program will determine its performance, so goes the thinking of man – thoughts are a result of the heart’s condition. The heart is our intellect – make God’s Word its program!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home