Monday, September 30, 2013

Good Housekeeping

You’ve heard me say it before: housekeeping is not high on my list of things to do nor ways to spend my free time. Thanks to my sweet Mr. Bill, I now live fairly guilt-less about this – that’s because Anna & Gladys come once a month to do it for me. They’re faithful and efficient! Woohoo, I say!

This "borrowed blessing" reminds us of spiritual housekeeping that [for the Believer] must not be ignored and cannot be “hired out.” Its faithful and efficient work is done only by Almighty God through the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

GOOD HOUSEKEEPING (Author Unknown)
Lord, it is not the dirt and clutter in plain sight that nag at me
It's the hidden dirt ... you know, behind the refrigerator, in the closets, under the bed
Dirt that no one sees or knows about but me -- it's the same way with my life, God
It's those hidden sins that I can't keep up with ...
Those petty little grievances, the grudges, the resentments
The unspoken harsh feelings, the superior attitudes
Thoughts and feelings that no one else knows about but me ... and You, God
Help me, Father, to clean my heart as I would my home
Take away all dust and cobwebs of pride, ill feelings and prejudice
The dirt behind my refrigerator will never hurt anyone … the dirt in my heart will

Dear Lord,
Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your steadfast love; according to Your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin! Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:1-2, 10, 12)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home