Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Where Are You?

Have you ever asked, "Where you at?" Mama used to answer me, "Behind the at." I think that was her way of pointing to my not-so-good grammar. "Behind the at?" -- whatever does that mean anyway?

In Genesis 3:9, God called out to Adam, "Where are you?" Better grammar, but why would God ask that question: He knew exactly where Adam was! The Creator wanted confession from His best creation. Strangely, The Father often asks me: "Beverly, where were you this morning? I waited for you to meet me; And, where were you at lunch? I seated that hurting soul right next to you; Then, did you see that magnificent sunset I painted just for you? I was sure you’d notice and stop to talk to Me.” Oh, my! Where am I when God calls my name? Too busy, too tired, too preoccupied ... for God? Really now? How long will I continue to shake off His urgent call? There's no better time than now to stop -- listen -- hear His Voice -- feel His Touch -- know His Presence. Let us meet Him early in the day ... nothing will thrill Him and bless you more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home