Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What a Day!

Special days -- we all look forward to them. Right now, my family's anticipating some special days -- Ella's 2nd birthday, Caleb's birth, Dustin's wedding ... my birthday . Oh, yes, they're marked on the calendar and excitement’s in the air!

Have you ever wondered, "When can I stop thinking about holiness?" It's just so "human" to think we can put “be holy” on a to-do list like: fold towels, pay bills, mow grass, unload dishwasher, etc. Uh, that's not the way it works! God said, "You shall be holy, for I am holy." (Leviticus 11:45b). That is the God-ordained purpose of every human soul. To be healthy and happy are worthy goals, of course, but it is not our ultimate destiny -- it is, however, our destiny to be holy. And being holy is a full-time job -- gee, thanks, Satan! He dogs our flesh day-after-day causing us to think, speak, and behave unholy. Righteousness (holiness) is the ever eternal-constant-unchanging nature of Almighty God, but it is not our nature. Therein lies the pursuit that "He must increase, but I must decrease." (John 3:30). We are instructed to pursue holiness because "without which no one will see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14). Certainly, being holy (like Jesus) must be on our to-do list, but we only get to check-it-off and mark-it-done when we Jesus face-to-face. Oh, what a day that will be!

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see
When I look upon His Face, the One Who saved me by His Grace
When He takes me by the hand, and leads me through the Promised Land
What a day, a glorious day that will be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home