Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Home

Perhaps it was Dorothy that made the line famous, “There’s no place like home.”  The phrase resonates with us because [generally] it brings fond thoughts – security, comfort, rest, relaxation, familiarity.  Home could actually bring about some of our nicest thoughts!

 

Leaving home is a common practice: most eventually leave their childhood home, we leave home for intermittent trips related to business and vacation, and we all leave home for brief trips to work, shop, worship, etc.  Imagine Jesus taking one last look around His heavenly home … a place of beauty, peace, light, angels, glory … before He left [home] to a realm of dark places where men lived and sin reigned.  Was there an unusual quietness, a heavenly hush as Jesus departed for earth?

 

Spurgeon writes, “Jesus Christ was born into this world, not from it … He came into history from the outside … Jesus Christ is not the best human being the human race can boast of – He is a Being for whom the human race can take no credit at all … Just as our Lord came into human history from outside it, He must also come into me from outside.”  Jesus Incarnate – God in human form – left His home to [ultimately] make His home in the heart of man!  Dear friend, although our minds cannot fathom it, this is the glorious message of the Christmas story.  I pray Christ has made His home in you – if not, do not allow the beauty of this Christmas truth to pass you by!

 

“Be Born in Me” (Mary), Lyrics by Francesca Battistelli

Be born in me – Be born in me
Trembling heart, somehow I believe that You chose me
I'll hold You in the beginning, You will hold me in the end
Every moment in the middle, make my heart Your Bethlehem -- Be born in me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home