Tuesday, March 18, 2014

God's Math

School work was a family affair when the boys were in school.  It seemed to take us all to find this, help with that, and keep up with what was due and when.  A break from it was a blessing to children and parents in those days.  I do recall, however, one time when a teacher assigned homework over spring break.  With all due respect, I wanted to suggest the teacher look up the word "break" in the dictionary.

 

For the Believer, God's Math must not be ignored.  John 3:30 says, "He must increase, but I must decrease."  I was not good at math in school, but I understand this formula!  There is no room for Godliness in me if I am full of a sinful nature.  It's much like trying to add summer clothes to a closet packed full of winter clothes -- it just doesn't work.  That closet needs to cleaned out and made useful for the new season's apparel -- so does our lives need to be cleansed of sin to be useful for Him.  I must decrease so He can increase.   It's not new math; it's God's Math!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home