Wednesday, April 9, 2014

No Disguise

A mess can never be disguised -- no matter how hard you try.  I remember one time when I came home, there were no clean cups in the cabinet.  Why?  Because they were all dirty and neatly stacked in the sink ... three foot high! Dirty, yes ... but neatly stacked.  So what's the big deal, Mom?

 

God isn't fooled nor pleased by the tidiness of our lives -- He's more interested in the purity of our hearts.  I'm always amazed at how my self-righteousness melts at God's Word, "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart." (Psalm 26:2)  I shrink when I recall my attitudes, my reactions, my words, my impatience ... as well as the things my heart and mind feed upon. God's answer lies in Verse 11, "But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me."  The mess sin causes may appear neat and tidy, but it is never pretty to God.  We must see the mess, confess it, and allow God to clean it up.  The results of His work need no disguise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home