Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cry Out!

Have you ever snored, snorted, or cried out in your sleep … such that you woke yourself up?  It happens to us all I suppose, and we deal with it.  I am not, however, used to “dealing” with Mr. Bill doing those sort of things.  This week he hit me three times (not hard) while he was asleep – at least he said he was asleep!

 

King David wrote, “To you, O LORD, I cry, and to the LORD I plead for mercy.” (Psalm 30:8).  Too many people grew up in the generational time believing tears meant weakness, so often tear ducts are pretty rusty.  Scripture doesn’t teach this at all!  As a matter of fact, we read “those who sow in tears shall reap in joy” (Psalm 126:5).  I fear Christians have forgotten how to genuinely call out (cry after) God.  Mr. Bill and I kept Ella and Caleb a few nights ago so Danny and Brittney to enjoy a date-night, and about halfway through the evening Caleb notice someone was absent from his 6-month old world – his mommy.  Oh, my goodness, was he unhappy!  Later, when it was … quiet J, I pondered why man doesn’t cry like that after He “Whom my soul loves” (Song of Solomon 1:7)!  Of course, I had no answer and there is really only one excuse – a lack of deep affection for My Beloved.  Oh, to love Him so!  When we do, the tears will be a’plenty and it will be perfectly fine to … cry out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home