Sunday, May 4, 2014

On-Going

In my mind, there’s a list of daily expectations and among them are that my car will start and deliver me to my destination, water and electricity on-demand, and technology performs as it should.  I do not care to wonder if these things will happen; I just expect them to! On occasion, when they do not, I resort to high-pitched, shrill, name-calling ... B-I-L-L!

 

Did you know faithfulness to Christ is ongoing?  Romans 12:11-12 says our faithfulness is not lagging in diligence, but fervent in spirit, serving the Lord, rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, prayerfully steadfast.  For something to be "ongoing" in nature, it has no specified end.  In the case of faithfulness to Almighty God, it is He Who decides when “ongoing” ends and that is when life here is over.  Several years ago, our local high school experienced a terrible tragedy when a graduating senior died suddenly. He had no apparent health problems but without warning, the young man's time here ended.  Oh, the whys that often trouble us and the uncertainties of this life – that’s why the certainty of an “ongoing” faithfulness is so important.  This faithfulness is on-demand each day we live: faithfulness to be all God wants us to be.  Really, it’s little to offer in light of His eternal faithfulness to His own!  Actually, there are few things that happen without interruption.  May that never be said of our faithfulness to Christ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home