Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mary-Mind

Summer break almost breaks me!  So many projects and back-burner activities

race through my mind, I can hardly settle on one.  The days I seem to

accomplish the most are those when I focus on doing for others.  This

"borrowed blessing" which has become a treasure to me, and I needed it

today.  May it bless your heart as it always does mine!

 

"A Mary-Mind" by Reta Spears-Stewart

I have a quiet moment now, but suddenly I find

that while I have a Mary-heart, I have a Martha-mind.

The things I thought I'd finished with are springing back to life

like little flames among the brush of daily cares and strife.

My thoughts seem filled with "brushfires," and although I rush and race

as soon as I put out one fire, another takes its place.

So now I find, when I'm alone and peace is my desire,

my mind's a busy Martha-mind tending to one more fire.

O Lord, I know that Martha's hands are needed, good and kind.

But in my heart I've one request: Grant me a Mary-mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home