Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Flash

It’s lightning bug season – how I love it!  I’ve written about it before, how the season’s first flash takes me back to a younger me in my grandparents yard where I caught them and put then a mason jar.  From the front porch, at few days ago, we saw the first flash.  What fun it was to watch Ella run to catch one and discover the wonder of the flash!

 

God wants us to be flashers!  Well, He didn't use those exact words, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16). Sometimes the world around us doesn't see His Light – so we need to "flash" it to draw attention: respond rather than react, be patient, choose humility instead of arrogance and pride, return cruelty with kindness, smile rather than frown.  The biggest flash comes when our actions, our responses reveal an uncommon grace, an extraordinary character -- not the norm!  I'm ashamed to say I am not always flashing God's Love, but it's never too late to clean up our act.  Let's get serious about the Light within us and let it shine forth.  Make the world wonder at … the Flash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home