Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lights Out! Rest!

Sleepless nights are a common thing for me – caffeine and a full moon are often the cause.  Now, I’ve learned to avoid and/or limit caffeine but Mr. Moon is quite the challenge.  Mr. Bill doesn’t struggle with sleeplessness himself – just MY sleeplessness!

The Glory of Almighty God will be the Feature of Heaven, but it’s going to be great [at least for me] to never struggle with sleeplessness!  Our new resurrected bodies won’t need the rejuvenation, nor will I have to bargain with caffeine or the moon!  Woohoo, and again I say, woohoo!  In the meantime, however, circumstances of this life need not create moments of anxiety that steal our joy, peace, and [yes] even sleep. After a particularly restless night, the Holy Spirit sent me to Psalm 121: “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My Help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He Who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your Keeper; the LORD is your Shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.”  Wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth, and pulling of hair are all useless exercises.  He Who never sleeps, never slumbers is keeping me.  I don’t need to hang on to Him – He’s got me in His Grip, never once will He allow me to faint-sweat-slip-fall.  Furthermore, “Jehovah thy God is in the midst of thee, a Mighty One Who will save; He will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in His love; He will joy over thee with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17).  Caffeine, Mr. Moon, and I are still in negotiations, but worry and fear must not be reason for a restless body, heart or spirit.  Yet – I will rest, I will be at peace, I will trust The One Who never sleeps and never slumbers.  Yes, lights out, I say -- rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home