Sunday, July 13, 2014

No Tricks

Not very often, but occasionally, I will play a computer game.  Very outdated, I’m sure, but one of my favorites is word-find.  The developers of these games use forms of trickery to lure your eyes to [what appears to be] the word.  Mr. Bill would disagree, but it’s the best kind of huntin’ I know!

 

Do you find it difficult to see God in the circumstances of your life?  I didn’t mention it, but I don’t like timed games; oh no, I want to play at my leisure!  Believing God is totally sovereign, it isn’t wise to conclude things “just happen” – rather, they happen by God’s design and in His time.  Isaiah wrote, “Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My Counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all My purpose.’” (Isaiah 46:9-10).   Almighty God (El Shaddai) authors and orchestrates each detail of our lives to reveal Himself in the perfect way at the perfect time.  Isaiah declared, “In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the LORD.” (Isaiah 6:1).  Those words – saw the LORD – ponder those for a moment.  What is it we see when tragedy strikes unexpectedly, when children choose unwisely, when our self-made life gets out of kilter?  Do we see these bumps in the road from our own bias or as the means God will use to our better end – to grow us into His Character?  Oswald Chambers says, “Your priorities must be God first, God second, and God third, until your life is continually face to face with God and no one else is taken into account whatsoever.”  Seeing God first and foremost in every circumstance leads us to proclaim with King David, “O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee.” (1 Chronicles 17:20).  From my own perspective, I’m pretty good at word-find games.  It’s my desire, however, to see God frequently and clearly in all of life – even those times when I must search Him out.  No tricks – He’ll make Himself known!      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home