Sunday, December 14, 2014

Love of Us

Several years ago I took a batch of my homemade peanut butter cookies to a family gathering.  I thought it unusual to bring so many home since usually [to Mr. Bill’s dismay], not a crumb remains.  Later, settled in for a round of cookies and milk, Mr. Bill insisted I try one – said I “owed it to myself.”  Oh, gags!  Something was terribly wrong! 

 

In accordance with His Nature, God left nothing unplanned nor to chance for The Messiah’s birth.  Primary transportation in Bible times was horse, camel, or donkey; Mary [most likely] traveled the latter.  Donkeys are highly intelligent animals, stronger than a horse its same size, and donkeys aren’t easily startled.  They are known to reason, making decisions for their own safety. One particularly interesting fact about donkeys, however, is they prefer companionship.  While I can’t imagine a wiser or safer choice of travel for Mary and the Christ Child, how symbolic of our closest Companion (Christ) on life’s journey.  How amazingly satisfying that God is One of order and detail – then and now.  Because they love me, my family – not one of them – could bring themselves to tell me I had left a key ingredient out of the peanut butter cookies – sugar!  Because He loves us, God’s Salvation came in God's way, in God's time, and according to His purpose.  Years later, through Christ, God fulfilled Salvation’s Purpose just outside of Jerusalem – God’s way, in God's time, and every detail divinely executed.  No expense spared was spared – all for the love of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home