Thursday, January 22, 2015

Look To Me!

Have you ever caught anyone staring at you?  If so, your first thought may have one of vanity: “Wow, I must be looking really good today!”  Typically, however, our first thought is what’s wrong – is my shirt on inside-out or do I have something disgusting hanging out of my nose?  Then we realize the stare is nothing more than someone's mindless space-walk that ends suddenly, and the space-walker never realizes the mental chaos it caused!

 

God said, “Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.” (Isaiah 45:22).  One time I found myself staring into space, discovered I was staring, and the person yelled, “What are you looking at!”  How embarrassing!  Christians should consider to what or to whom we are looking.  Surely, we must never focus on another Believer lest such a focus actually become a hindrance to knowing Christ more.  The true source of hope for daily victory over difficulties is the Eternal Hope, Jesus Christ: "Since we have such a Hope, we are very bold." (2 Corinthians 3:12). To encourage us, Oswald Chambers writes, “Wake yourself up and look to God. Build your hope on Him.”  It may not be good English, but it’s good Bible and definitely a healthy spiritual question to ask ourselves: what am I looking at?  More importantly than the question is the correct answer: "O, Lord ... my Hope is in You!" (Psalm 39:7).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home