Thursday, February 12, 2015

Celebrate Love!

Oh, the things we do for love!  Yes, I painfully acknowledge the list and lengths Mr. Bill goes to prove his love for me.  Now, I’ve given a few really good efforts myself: I went hunting with him … until I almost shot his hunting dog; I fished with him … until he told me to be quiet ‘cause I was scaring the

fish; I  even tried crow-shooting … until I insisted we take an injured bird to the vet.  Hey, I tried!  Really, I did!

 

Fundamental to God’s mercy and compassion for man, is His great love!  John wrote, “God is love.” (1 John 4:16)  What else would cause Creator of the universe and Sovereign King of all to  send His only Son to the cruelty of a cross!  Imagine what you will, but it was Love!  The mercy and compassion of

Almighty God are poured richly upon us because of His great – unconditional – deep – amazing Love … yes, for the likes of me.  I’m so thankful Mr. Bill doesn’t measure my love for him by my interests in huntin’ and fishin’ … good thing!  May the measure of our love for God be our seeing Him on the throne of heaven and giving Him rightful place in our hearts.  Happy Valentine’s Day -- Celebrate God’s Great Love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home