Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Losing At Its Best

It’s not on my radar, but the show has quite an audience.  “The Biggest Loser” television show features real people who take the challenge to lose weight and be rewarded.  Along with cash, there are many other rewards. In the end, the “biggest loser” is really the “biggest winner.”

 

Mart De Haan posed an interesting thought when he wrote, “… the Bible offers ‘bragging rights’ even to the biggest losers.”  The realities of life have a way of changing our sense of winning to losing. The younger me was an athlete and I know all about winning and losing. Dad taught me how to be a good loser, but I sure didn’t like to lose.  There is something deep within each of us that wants to end up on top, be #1, soar to victory.  Oh, we’re sure we will win in this life-game if only … I didn’t have so much debt, if my kids were grown, if I was better appreciated at work, if this - if that.  What if when in the losers’ bracket we had “bragging rights?” Truth is – Believers do! Second Corinthians 11:30 says, “If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity.”  All contestants experience times of weakness but for the Believer, this is time for the power of Christ-in-us to shine.  We lose but Christ-in-me wins!  That’s losing at its best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home