Thursday, March 19, 2015

Rejoice, O Heart!

Don't you just hate being put on hold!  I know, I know -- it's common business practice.  Dustin used to put me on hold, and I’d just hang up.  When he called back, I’d say, "don't put your Mama on hold -- I pay your cell phone bill!"

 

God keeps all His promises but in His own time!  We wait in the doctor's office because he or she is busy caring for other patients; this is not the case with God -- His [oft perceived] "delay" is designed especially for the one who waits!  Throughout the psalms, we hear David's spirit of despair as he "waited on the LORD."  In a particularly unpleasant waiting period of my life, God revealed something profound to me from Psalm 119: "Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage forever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart." (V.111).  One can learn to be patient but to be joyfully patient isn't an attained art.  It comes about by, and is directly proportionate to, the intimacy of the relationship we have with God through Christ Jesus -- God's perfect revelation of Himself.  Can I have a close relationship with Christ and a life filled with fear, dread, and despair?  If so, does this mean my Friend Jesus fears, dreads, and despairs alongside me?  Of course not!  If I have truly "taken possession" of The Word (Jesus Christ), my heart cannot help but rejoice.  In this world, there will always be times of lack and times of plenty, and God's words are the Christian's "heritage forever."  Know His testimonies (precepts, truth) and repeat them in all your comings and goings ... yes, even in the waitings.  Rejoice, O Heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home