Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What I Am

It may not be original but a Mr. Bill-ism I've come to appreciate is "it is what it is."  His innate ability to accept things as they come-along baffles me!  I'd much rather run in circles and wave my arms.  It doesn't accomplish anything but I feel so much better!

 

We cannot escape the significance of our past and who we are … except through Christ!  Paul understood the reality and the gravity of this truth.  Before his salvation, he spent his days tracking down and persecuting Christians.  His name (Saul) was well-known among New Testament Believers, and they were none-to-eager to make his acquaintance!  In his first letter to the Christians at Corinth, most of them fully aware of his past, Paul wrote: “But by the Grace of God, I am what I am …” (1 Corinthians 15:10). Our favorite green-eating pipe-blower Popeye said, "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam.”  He wasn’t a prophet nor was his words divinely inspired, nonetheless they ring true to Scripture: "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not." (Romans 7:18).  Oh, but for grace!  When we are at-best weak, Christ-in-us is sufficient to overcome with immeasurable success.  "... He Who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4).  Christian friend, we know how to finish Popeye's exclamation: I yam what I yam by the Grace of the Living Lord, Jesus Christ.  We do not have to be chained to our past nor its consequences; we Hope and live by God's amazing Grace which shatters the chains of our past, presenting a joyful present and glorious future.  What I am is a Child of Grace here-and-now and evermore to come!  By grace, I yam what I yam – now’s a good time to run in circles and wave my arms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home