Monday, March 30, 2015

Well-Measured Moments

There are certainly days, even weeks, I do not care to consider all that must be done!  I’ve heard airlines and hotels often overbook, but I doubt they do anything more than the average man or woman.  Overbooked certainly explains some of my days!

 

The psalmist wrote, “O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, You have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before You. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Surely a man goes about as a shadow!” (Psalm 39:4-6a).  How does one “measure” his or her days?  Is the time allotment our own to spend as demanded of oneself?  One close look at the life of Christ and we clearly see measurable purpose in one’s life.  Jesus said in John 6:38, “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will but the will of Him Who sent Me.”  Jesus spent no one moment outside of The Father’s will, and every moment inside the planned purpose.  Even in His final days, knowing well what was ahead for Him, Jesus “set His face to go to Jerusalem.” (Luke 9:51).  What joy is ours when we delight in the LORD and find our steps established (Psalm 37:23), and moments measured according to His purpose.  Do you long for a well-measured life?  Give all your moments to The King!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home