Thursday, May 28, 2015

Right Answer

Do you remember the first time you saw a tattoo?  For me, it was on my Papa's arm - one he got while serving in the U.S. military.  Yes, it was a common, mostly military, practice ... back in the day!

 

Paul didn't refer to his markings as tattoos, but he wrote, "I bear on my body marks of the Lord Jesus." (Galatians 6:17).  We know from Scripture Paul suffered greatly at the hands of those who opposed the Gospel; his wounds, scars, and outward marks bore witness of the depth of his love and devotion to the Risen Lord.  Even so, Paul said, “But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.” (Galatians 6:14).  I cringe to think what Paul would say to Christians today when we almost need smelling salts if someone calls us names, rolls their eyes, or shuns us because of our faith.  Each day I pray for my brothers and sisters whose every breath is taken in fear yet they firmly stand with Christ in the face of persecution and even death.  I often ask myself if I possess that kind of faith, and if my passion for Christ and His Gospel resembles that of the Apostle Paul’s.  Would I willingly bear the “marks” of Christ?  “Back in the day” we’d never imagine times such as now; perhaps even in our lifetime the call for Christ may be ours to answer.  Let us genuinely pray we give the … right answer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home