Wednesday, May 20, 2015

With Us

A few years ago, I rode along with Mr. Bill as he checked his trail cameras and feeders at the hunting club.  I was impressed how well he navigated the four-wheeler between trees and through swampy areas. Before I could ask "are we going through that," we were in or through it.  At times, I couldn't bear to look!

 

Life -- sometimes I can’t bear to look!  When my eyes first open and feet touch the floor, each day's a wonder -- a journey into the unknown.  Sure, I look at my calendar and have it mostly planned out but … well, we know how that goes!  God said, "I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron." (Isaiah 45:2).  I didn't know this till later but since Mr. Bill was on the seat in front of me, he was clearing away spiders and their webs!  What a comfort the presence and preservation of God is in the Christian’s life.  His faithfulness is unparalleled and mighty are His judgments against all that seeks to devour us.  When we feel we can't bear one more heartache, disappointment, or sorrow, His promise of "lo, I am with you always" gives us Grace to look and move ahead in courage and hope.  Even with Mr. Bill blazing the trail in front of me, I'll probably think twice before riding through the woods again!  Not a second thought, however, about God Who goes before and with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home