Thursday, July 16, 2015

Fly It!

Decorative flags fly outside homes across America.  I have a small collection of them myself – seasonal ones such as Christmas, Easter, Fall, Summer.  And, yes, I even have one to “celebrate” deer season.  You can probably guess which one Mr. Bill likes best!

 

Oh, my, at the clamor over flags recently!  It’s made me consider my life’s banner -- my flag.  A flag is a symbol – a banner or standard – which represents something of significance.  I suspect we can all find an offensive flag, but there is one Great Offender – Jesus Christ: “For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.” (Romans 3:20).  Jesus is the fulfillment of the law (truth) and the revelation of God Himself to man.  You see, the more God is revealed through His Son and His Word, the more offensive it is to sinful man!  It is the Flag of Truth that should be heralded in evidence in us, flown proudly in all we say and do.  We do not live it arrogantly or boastfully, but as a bold display of the passion we have for The King of kings and Lord of lords.  This Great Offender is also The Savior of men: Jesus said, “And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself.” (John 12:32).  What life flag are you flying, lifting proudly in honor and passion?  There’s only One so deserving!  Fly it with passion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home