Thursday, November 19, 2015

Blessings

Are you prone to moments when you mind is vacant?  Mr. Bill assures me there are times when [in his mind] there is no conscious thought.  I understand this is commonplace with men, but us-girls just have a tough time swallowing that one!

 

The salutation of every grateful thought should be: “Author of all blessings I enjoy, of all I hope for …”.   It seems – to me – the more technology advanced we become, the less contented we are with quiet unhindered moments.  You know I love to sit in my porch swing, but even there my cell phone is nearby.  Reflect, if you will, with me on these prayerful words: “Thou has given me the ordinance of song as a means of grace … I bless Thee for tempering every distress with joy … I love Thee for giving me clusters of grapes in the wilderness … Apart from Thee I quickly die, bereft of Thee I starve, far from Thee I thirst and droop … Thou art all I need.” (From Valley of Vision).  When we can day-after-day, year-round rest completely and contentedly in the Author of all Blessings, thanksgiving has come.  Only then is there a vacancy of all else – apart from Christ – and the only real conscious thought is gratitude seeded so deeply in the soul we know not from where it comes.  “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home