Thursday, March 10, 2016

Good Housekeeping

Mr. Bill is known for moments of real ingenuity, and he had one of those moments one weekend years ago while camping with Dennis’ and Dustin’s Scout troop.  Moments before camp inspection, he noticed a nasty stain on the otherwise spotless tablecloth.  With one swift move of great finesse, he flipped the cloth, hiding the stain and the judges were none the wiser!

 

Don't even think of making such a move with God!  There's nothing hidden from Him – even the deep, dark, nasty sins hidden from others.  He knows every nook and cranny of the heart.  To the repentant heart, there is complete cleansing, but only when sin is exposed is it … disposed.  Jeremiah 17:9 tells us the heart is “desperately wicked,” and in need of daily cleaning.  Genuine confession leads to glorious forgiveness, and “though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.” (Isaiah 1:18).  Wonderfully, miraculously, gloriously clean!

 

Good Housekeeping (Author Unknown)

Lord, it is not the dirt and clutter in plain sight that nag at me.

It's that hidden dirt ... You know, behind the refrigerator, in the closets, under the bed.

Dirt that no one sees or knows about but me.

It's the same way with my life, God.

It's those hidden sins that I can't keep up with ... those petty little grievances ...

The grudges, the resentments, the unspoken harsh feelings, the superior attitudes.

Thoughts and feelings that no one else knows about but me ... and You, God.

Help me, Father, to clean my heart as I would my home.

Take away all dust and cobwebs of pride, ill feelings and prejudice.

The dirt behind my refrigerator will never hurt anyone.

The dirt in my heart will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home