Wednesday, May 18, 2016

As for Me!

Unselfish people amaze me!  My basic instinct is think and do selfishly.  I won’t list my selfish crimes – the Lord knows them, and that’s bad enough!  No matter what I’ve tried, even living with Mr. Bill – one of the most unselfish people I know – I still battle ME!

 

There’s one selfish declaration, however, I proclaim:  “As for me, I will meditate on Your precepts.” (Psalm 119:78b).  This isn’t necessarily a confirmation of what I definitely do but rather an intent of discipline in my life.  The discipline to meditate on and apply God’s principles to life is a worthy one.  Not because I said so, but because God instructs us to do so: “Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD! Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in His ways!” (Psalm 119:1-3).  Make no mistake – it is not easy!  It demands commitment, faithfulness, prayer and study.  The Holy Spirit takes those things and empowers me as I make choices and decisions each day.  It requires a conscious declaration: As for me!  That one selfish move proves itself the most unselfish thing I can do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home