Monday, May 16, 2016

One and Only Qualified

Have you ever said "never" only to wish you hadn't?  The wise heed these words, "never say never," but most of us have fallen into the wish-I-hadn't-said- never category.  I love Barbara Johnson's prayer best: "Lord, let my words be tender for tomorrow I may have to eat them."  The words are rarely ... tender!

 

There is only One qualified to say "never," and that is Jesus Christ.  He made some wonderful never-statements!  In John 4:14, He promised we would NEVER thirst (John 4:14) or NEVER hunger (John 6:35) if we come to Him. If we keep Christ's commandments we will NEVER see nor taste death (John 8:51-52).  The precious gift of eternal life assures Believers they will NEVER perish (John 10:28).  We learn His Love NEVER fails in 1 Corinthians 13:8.  And perhaps, the greatest promise of all is He will NEVER leave nor forsake His Children (Hebrews 13:5).  Now, that certainly puts NEVER in a whole new perspective!  Suppose I were never late, never missed an appointment, never short on cash, never made bad choices, never lost my temper?  Because I AM late, I DO miss appointments, often SHORT on cash, I DO make bad choices, and I DO lose my temper, I am evermore thankful I have a Heavenly Father Who is synonymous with NEVER.  He is unconditionally qualified -- One and Only qualified -- to say NEVER … and mean it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home