Sunday, May 8, 2016

None But One

Americans like choices!  Think about those new freestyle drink machines.  I distinctly remember the first time Mr. Bill and I … faced one.  Yeah - old dogs and new tricks, and cows looking at a new gate – those scenarios come to mind.

 

There is only one God.  Yes, I know – this is neither popular nor politically correct, but as Isaiah said “Truth has stumbled in the public squares” (Isaiah 59:14).  The world, including Americans, will go pick-and-choose which god suits the taste but God’s Word says, “For I am God, and there is no other.” (Isaiah 45:22).  The debate will continue, and yes, the public squares will still welcome a cluttered buffet of cravings for the god of his liking.  Frankly, I’ve grown very tired of wishy-washy Christianity embraced by Believers who wiggle-and-waggle at those who love the gods of this-and-that.  It is time – past time, actually – God’s People who believe God’s Word to be perfectly true and the God of the Bible to be perfectly trustworthy to say so and do so.  Yes, I am preaching at me, too!  Let us put substance to what we say and testify there is no other!  None – zippo – None but One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home