Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Joy Unspeakable

Do you have spots?  Not a spot of discoloration on the sofa or your favorite shirt but spots on your skin?  Ella looked at my arm one day and asked, “MomC, what are those spots?”  I explained as people get older, sometimes they get spots.  She knows she'll be five in October so she immediately took a serious look at her own arm!  I love it!

 

Knowing man’s perishability, God speaks of imperishability: “Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; for all flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever.” (1 Peter 1:23-25).  Ignore it [as we will] but the fading glory of humanity is evident everywhere. I can buy the most expensive fade cream and faithfully apply it morning-noon-night, and those age spots may actually fade over time, but I can’t stop the aging process.  In light of all that diminishes, is there something that does not?  Yes, yes there is.  Our God "remains forever."  In the midst of change, He changes not!  Furthermore,  in Him there is "no variation or shadow due to change." (James 1:17).  To put it plainly, there is nothing about our God, including His word, that changes, or wavers, or fades.  When I first blink each morning, the God Whom I love and Who loves me is the same as He was yesterday and the same as He will be tomorrow!  Can we grasp such a thing!  "Whom having not seen, ye love; in Whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory." (1 Peter 1:8).  When there are more spots than I can count, my God will be!  Truly, it is joy unspeakable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home