Tuesday, July 19, 2016

No Slackin'

Fairly certain I’ve never sang this and I’m not sure where actually heard this, but the silly song came to mind today: “Do your ears hang low?  Do they wobble to and fro?  Can you tie them in a knot?  Can you tie them in a bow?  Do your ears hang low?”  I’m not sure which is stranger – the song or my recollection of it!

 

Lest we fail to realize it, Satan is an opportunist!  If he were not, Scripture would not tell us “And give no opportunity to the devil.” (Ephesians 4:27).  Every opportunity we give him, it’s certainly not our ears he wants to tie in knots and bows!  One thing is needed to tie a good knot or bow, and it’s slack; the string or ribbon or rope has to be a bit loose or relaxed.  Tautness makes it near-to-impossible to make the loops necessary to tie a good knot or make a bow.  Peter writes to Christians that we are to be “…  be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5:8).  We must be spiritually taut – giving no slack to Satan or we’ll “wobble to and fro” and end up with our head “hung low” in sinful shame!  Is there hope against evil doings?  Oh, yes – “I hope in Your Word.” (Psalm 119:114, 147).  Do you wonder why-why-why this crazy woman writes to you day-after-day?  Simple – Satan is tailin’ me all the time!  I’ve learned my best defense is to stay in the Word, work hard to stay spiritually taut … no slackin’ !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home