Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Get Waggin'

It's a good thing when a dog's tail is wagging.  If it's not wagging, he could be mad or vicious.  Some dogs don't have much of a tail, but what's there … wags -- the long or short of it. It’s good advice to … watch for the wag!

 

God wants to hear our praise!  This is news to some Believers ... at least from my seat at the piano.  Some faces suggest there’s no song, no words, no melody.  David incites praise to The Creator, "I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your Name, O Most High." (Psalm 9:1-2)  Every blink of the eye, every inhale & exhale, every sigh, every sniffle, every ache & pain & tear is reason to praise Him.  A grateful heart is an overflowing heart: "My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1)  Overflowing means "it cannot be contained."  For me, writing is urgent -- my thoughts often cannot be contained; they must be written down.  Does this describe our praise of The Father?  Are our hearts so full [to overflowing]? Can we not contain it? Our tongues should be as busy as the "pen of a ready writer." Do we have it in us?  If so, let's get waggin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home