Sunday, June 26, 2016

Warned

No one likes to hear these words: I told you so!  Oh the times those words have screamed to get out – even had to put my hand over my mouth!  It only takes one look at Mr. Bill to warn him, “Don’t say it!”

 

Some of the most tender words in Scripture are found in John’s Gospel as he records Jesus’ foretelling of the world’s coming hatred for His friends.  “If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. … I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. … Remember that I told them to you.” (John 15:18-19, 16:1, 4b).  Just as a parent knows of and will warn a child of dangers, Jesus knows of and warns those He loves.  Lately, I’ve pondered the growing hostility toward Biblical faith and truth: it swells, not wanes.  Paul warns us in the latter days many will depart the faith (1 Timothy 4:1); some will be deceived by lies and false teaching, but others will abandon their faith because it’s just too dangerous to follow Christ and believe the Bible.  Such hatred is now here on our shores, within our boundaries, in the land of the free.  Jesus’ words to remember that I told you is well remembered.  We must not be caught off-guard, blindsided, or shocked when the hatred comes to our doorstep.  Be prepared – we’ve been warned!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home