Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Embrace the Truth

There are some things even an old brain does not forget.  One thing is if disobedience was the way-of-my-day, I was guaranteed some “special” time with Dad.  Funny thing, I don’t remember feeling so “special” in the end!

 

The Apostle wrote in 2 Peter, Chapter 2, about a “special” group of people who won’t feel so “special” at the final judgment: false teachers who violate the Truth [of God] and deceive people with lies (V. 2,3).  Here’s their “special” commendation: “… bringing upon themselves swift destruction … Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.” (V.1b, 3b).  Clearly, their “special” day is coming; those who mislead will face a ”special” commendation … of condemnation.  The key question for Believers is this: How do we identify these who deceive with false words and violate the Truth, how can we be sure of what we read-see-hear?  There are basically two ways:  (1) know the Truth – read the Word of God – “I have stored up Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” (Psalm 119:11), and (2) have spiritual discernment – “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5).  If there is one most reoccurring thing I pray it is asking for spiritual discernment.  Quite frankly, I’m just not smart enough to recognize all the ways Satan disguises himself but my God is!  My dear friend and spiritual mentor taught me this: when you [obediently] read the Word of God, you store valuable Resources in your heart’s treasury for use by the Holy Spirit.  I cannot tell you how many times this has proven true: I hear something, a spiritual red flag goes up, measure it against Scripture, and it proves to be false!  Know this - false teachers are among us – lies are all around us – Satan is having big fun at the expense of Biblically illiterate Christians!  We can only know the Truth if we read the Truth.  Do not be a victim of lies! Embrace the Truth. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home