Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Be a Shiner!

Eye disease has diminished my sight, and absence of good light is no friend.  Imagine the delight when I approached the door to unlock it and a light automatically lit it up!  Sweet Mr. Bill had placed a light near the door so his Queen wouldn’t fumble with the keyhole.  Now we both get in the house quicker!

Isaiah heralds, “Arise!  Shine, for the Light has come!” (Isaiah 60:1).  I was surprised but not startled by the light at the door – I was delighted!  The first records words of God in Scripture is, “Let there be light” (Genesis 1:3) then John tells us in The Word – Jesus, present at Creation, “was life, and the life was the Light of men.” (John 1:4).  Darkness is daunting but light is exhilarating!  This is true in the physical sense but certainly in the spiritual sense.  The enemy would have Believers be overwhelmed by the dark moments but we can say with the Prophet Micah, “Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me.” (Micah 7:8).  Now, I know how much Mr. Bill loves me because he took that light off a tree that shined on his precious deer – he’s been feeding them corn for months, at the edge of our backyard.  It pleased The Father to send His precious Son to be the Light unto men such as you and I.  He shined so we can shine – Be a Shiner in all you do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home