Monday, May 30, 2016

No Peddling

"Life is like riding a bicycle.  You don't fall off unless you stop peddling."  I always loved riding a bicycle, and I really loved the “coasting” part of riding.  There is, of course, only so long you can coast.  Eventually, peddling is required.

 

God cares about the weariness of His children.  Life can make us weary; not only with the daily must-do things but with the emotional tugs on our minds and hearts.  The Father often gently yet firmly reminds me He's declared victory over stress, anxiety, frustration, and weariness.  Christ knows all about those things because He faced them AND conquered them when He walked among us.  Knowing this, what then do I do?  Well, give it all a good shove in God's direction; He knows exactly what to do with it.  After I have completely let go of it all, my spirit is renewed, refreshed; only joy and peace remain.  What do you know!  I really can "stop peddling.”  What fun to “coast” in the power and victory of Jesus Christ.  I told you coasting is better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home