Sunday, August 14, 2016

Go On

Life with Mr. Bill has been, at times, adventurous – some I don’t care to repeat!  I've been mercilessly sick at sea while he was having the time of his life catching sharks; I was once in boat with him in the dead of the night with snakes swimming all around us while he was intent on gigging bullfrogs; he had me holding a spotlight one time while he gutted a deer hanging from a tree in our back yard.  See what love does to the otherwise sound-of-mind!

 

Can you imagine facing everything in this life with quiet and gentle grace? Our first thought is "No way, it's impossible."  Well, that just ain't so! "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27)  God wants us to know something incredibly important: the distresses in this life only serve to help us better fit God's plan, and for a noble purpose.  F. W. Faber wrote: “When obstacles and trials seem like prison-walls to be, I do the little I can do, and leave the rest to Thee.” I remember Mr. Bill telling me during those adventures, "It's okay.  You can do it.  Just hang in there."  Imagine our Heavenly Father saying the same words to us in all our situations and circumstances.  His urging is quiet and gentle yet comforting as we ... go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home