Monday, August 1, 2016

Feed on Him

Please let me know if you have found the restaurant “It Don’t Matter” because that’s always Mr. Bill’s first choice!  I admit, we’re not the most widely travelled but I have yet to find this famous place.  If I had a bucket list, a visit to this place would top the list.  No doubt, it’s dining must be world-class!

 

God’s holy Word is a literal buffet of specific and eternal purposes to which he is eternally and unchangeably committed.  They are guaranteed (absolutely and without fail) in Jesus Christ: “For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.” (2 Corinthians 1;20).  There is a condition, however: our obedience.  Consider, my friend, why we lose sleep, worry and fret, anxiously pass the moments with so many divine promises given?  One resource numbers the promises at 5,467!  From my own personal struggle, I can only suggest the problem as unbelief.  A spiritual mentor, DeeDee, said “we only submit to what we truly believe.”  Ruth said, “let me now go to the field and glean” (Ruth 2:2).  God through Christ reveals a “broad field of promise” where God “will restore and strengthen … will blow with His sweet breath of mercy … speaketh so gently.” (Spurgeon).  Such soft and tender words we pass up for those of fleeting value!  Jesus said, “Come unto Me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”  (Matthew 11:28).  Truth is, most of the time it does matter where we park the car, pay the money, and dine!  Same spiritually – it greatly matters where and how we are nourished, where the spirit is refreshed and soul restored.  Let us stop looking for what “doesn’t matter.” Instead, let us satisfy the soul’s greatest long: “Him Whom my soul loves” (Song of Solomon 3:4).  Feed on Him!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home