Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Soul Solace

The beach and the sun -- what a wonderful duo!  Beneath a coastal sun among warm ocean breezes is what my mind sees ... as often as it can!  One of my beach treasures is my beach umbrella. It’s shade is an appealing welcome from the hot sun.  Why, its shade even attracts Mr. Bill!

 

Life can bring some scorching heat for which God gives relief: Psalm 17:8  "... hide me under the shadow of Thy wings."  Psalm 57:1  "...in the shadow of Thy wings will I make my refuge."  Psalm 63:7  "...in the shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice."  The provision comes from His Shadow!  Just the shadow of God Himself is all we need to find protection, rest, and comfort.  It is not a temporary or passing place; it is both steadfast and eternal.  There is no need to face troubles here as if there is no solace for the soul.  There is provision, and it is the Shadow of an ever-present Father.  Get outta heat – seek your soul’s Solace today … and stay there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home