Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Great Counsel

Mr. Bill could be a storm chaser!  He seems to enjoy watching the weather.  There’s no real need for the weather app on my phone cause He IS the weather app.  On second thought, storm chasin’ would not intrigue him since he watches storms so he can avoid them!

 

Ephesians 1:11 says God “worketh all things after the counsel of His own will.”  As for me, I’m so glad my faith rests in One Who knows all things.  My lack of such knowledge can lead me into more difficulties than I can write about.  Just like I (nor Mr. Bill) can't determine (or control) the weather, neither can I predict the storms of life.  It is God – and He alone – Who knows their comings and goings, as well as knows their potential for my growth or destruction.  He knows and provides for the turbulence to my mind, heart, and spirit, and He sees how the beauty of His purpose can emerge from the chaos.  If you don't believe we live in stormy days, turn on the news for about … oh, 30 minutes or so.  Are you feeling tossed about by worldly winds?  Trust the One Who created all things and holds them together by the power of His might and word: He knows the beginning from the end ... and all the in-betweens!  If you aren't trusting Him, you could be chasin’ storms more than you know!  “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6).  Words of great counsel in calm or stormy weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home