Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Regard Him

Funny how we remember the little things from childhood!  One such memory is how my Nanny used to, with a wave of her hand, say “just pay them no never mind.”  She did not follow her own advice, however, the time we were picking blackberries and discovered we were in the pasture with a cantankerous old bull.  We had a good mind to run that time!

 

The psalmist wrote, “I will meditate in Thy precepts, and have respect unto Thy ways.” (Psalm 119:15).  The Hebrew word for “respect” means “to regard, to pay attention to.”  Recently, I signed in at a doctor's office; the receptionist did not say hello, greet me with a smile, or even look up until I spoke first to offer my co-pay.  That was total disregard.  When we go-and-do our own way, we are in disregard for God's way.  This disregard begins first in a disregard for time in the Bible, in prayer, in communion with The Father.  These song lyrics often haunt me in my disregard of The Father: "There He was just waiting, in our old familiar place -- An empty spot beside Him, where once I used to wait -- To be filled with strength and wisdom for the battles of the day -- I would have passed Him by again if I didn't hear Him say -- I miss My time with you - Those moments together - I need to be with you each day - And it hurts Me when you say - You're too busy, busy trying to serve Me, when your spirit's empty - There's a longing in My heart - Wanting more than just a part of you -- It's true, I miss My time with you." (Larnelle Harris).  Is it not shameful that we disrespect, show no respect -- disregard, pay no attention to -- The One Who is mindful and regard us: "What is man that You are mindful of him, and the Son of man that You care for him?" (Psalm 8:4).  This great Truth should penetrate the depths of our souls to strengthen and encourage us to be ever mindful and respectful of The Creator Who loves us so!  Regard Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home