Wednesday, October 5, 2016

No Nots!

Perfectionist – someone preoccupied with details and excellence.  Now, that's NOT a perfect definition ... oh no, I did it again!  Some people think perfectionism is great, and I guess they would.  Think about it: who else would you want to be in charge of a project, direct a program, plan an event?  One who has a passion for perfection!  But to the perfectionist, the idea of perfection is usually just that -- an idea. 

 

One of the greatest things lacking in this life is personal peace and contentment. There’s been plenty of books written on how to find it, get to it, and stay there – and they’re still being written!  "Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure.  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful Inheritance." (Psalm 16:5-6).  There it is – true peace and contentment.  It has been assigned to me, chosen especially for me – NOT someone else.  A God-given portion – NOT given to me at random.  Boundaries drawn by a Father Who knows me best and what is best for me – NOT what is best for another person. These boundaries have been drawn – NOT haphazardly or carelessly – but perfectly with me in mind.  A portion given in pleasant places – NOT places where anxiety or stress reign.  My Inheritance is delightful – NOT consumed with what is NOT.  It is absolutely delightful – His Word says it is – a place where contentment rules.  It is a place of no NOTS!  Lord, lead me there and keep me there today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home