Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Love of Your Life

Mr. Bill sometimes calls me the "love of his life."  Although it is a little embarrassing when he does that name-calling in public, I know he means it. I know it because he backs it up with a lot of good doings -- he does laundry, waters my plants, meets me at the car many afternoons, and always lets me choose the restaurant!

 

God is jealous for our love! (Nahum 1:2)  He chose us to be His own so it grieves Him when we love another.  So many things squeeze Him out -- our love for money, physical beauty, and material things to name only a few. In fact, God is usually found way down on our list of loves!  Can you just imagine how God feels when we don't choose Him first! Mr. Bill's words, "love-of-my-life," aren't hollow or cheap because his actions affirm them. Neither are God's words of love for us hollow or cheap. It was His Love that sent Christ to the cross to pay our sin-debt and affirm His love for us.  Solomon wrote these beautiful words: “I found Him Whom my soul loves … I held Him, and would not let Him go.” (Song of Solomon 3:4).  Always remember, our lives will clearly show the real love-of-our-lives. Does the world know who you love?

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home