Monday, September 26, 2016

Plain Path

Plain is good for me - plain is even better for Mr. Bill.  He just prefers plain: unfrosted PopTarts, plain potato chips, meat and potatoes, vanilla ice cream.  He's just a no-frills kinda guy!

 

God has ordained the Christian's days to be spent on the plain path!  Psalm 27:11 says, "Teach me Thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies." The Hebrew word plain simply means straight.  Think of how often [and easily] we are lured-and-detoured away from the straight way, leaving God's protective Shadow.  How distracting and deceiving and misleading is the lavish luster of this world.  And, are we ever in desperate need of the plain way today!  The plain path is well lit: Jesus said, "I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the Light of life. (John 8:12).  The plain path is clearly marked: "Your Word is a Lamp to my feet and a Light to my path." (Psalm 119:105).  The plain path leads to a blessed place: "You will make known to me the path of life; in Your Presence is fullness of Joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever." (Psalm 16:11).  The plain path delivers peace and rest to its travelers: "Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the Good Way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls." (Jeremiah 6:16).  There's no promise the plain path is trouble-free, but we travel with One Who is bigger than all our troubles: "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous Right Hand." (Isaiah 41:10).  What about the path you're on?  I encourage you to choose the plain path, the straight way, the ancient way.  It's tried-and-true ... God ordained it just for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home