Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Oh, What a Wonder!

We no longer have to be nosey-neighbors to know so much about other people.  Friends and acquaintances routinely tell me how cute my Grands are -- of course, all grands are cute, just ask their grandparents -- 'cause they've seen the pictures on some form of social media.  Mr. Bill doesn't do social media, but he’s an official member of the Over-The-Shoulder Club.

 

God is omniscient.  That big word simply means He is all-knowing … He knows everything.  Five times in Psalm 139, David says God knew him!  "You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it altogether." (Psalm 139:2-4).  Notice how David speaks to God's knowledge of things seen and unseen - our comings and goings as well as our words.  Do you ever wonder what words you will use in response to a particular situation?  God doesn't wonder - He knows!  There's literally nothing we do-say-are that is unknown to our omniscient God. When I consider what I do-say-am, that's quite the scary thing to me!  Yet yet yet, He loves me still, without limits.  Paul somewhat echoed David's words: "Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and how inscrutable His ways ... For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things." (Romans 11:33, 36).  Is it any wonder -- no mystery -- He is so trustworthy and so capable with all of our moments!  He knows our beginning, our ending, and everything in-between.  Those in-between times are what concerns most of us, and it's there His riches, wisdom, and knowledge are revealed and proven.  Oh, what a wonder He is. Marvel at Him today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home