Sunday, September 18, 2016

Willing to Walk

Emery Nester writes this beautiful story: A man was walking in a wilderness. He became lost and was unable to find his way out.  Another man met him. "Sir, I am lost, can you show me the way out of this wilderness?"  "No," said the stranger, "I cannot show you the way out of the wilderness, but maybe if I walk with you, we can find it together."

 

Have you ever lost your way?  Oh, I don't mean physically lost your way -- we've all done that.  I mean have you ever become so lost in a spiritual wilderness, so barren and dry your heart became thirsty?  It is not a pleasant place to be nor are the feelings that come with it.  It is Divine Providence when someone comes along to help lead us out of such a wasteland. "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the other will lift up his companion.  But woe to the one who falls when there is not one to lift him up." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)  I thank God for those who have helped me when fallen, and it is so important that I be that same kind of friend to others who wander and fall. Sometimes it's not enough just to listen, just to offer advice, just to encourage.  No, sometimes we must come up beside another and walk the  rugged way with them.  Just as The Father walks with us, may we be willing to walk with another in need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home